Friday 23 January 2015

Wardrobe-changing-project


The last six months I have been thinking.. A lot.. About clothes..
I don't really know how it started but suddenly I found myself going through my wardrobe several times. Thinking about materials, cuts, overall what I had in there. I think I gave away a good third of my wardrobes content during this time.. 
Now I haven't bought more than two or three new garments these last six months.




And then the new year came and got me thinking about clothes again. What would I like to achieve clothes-wise this year, and how do I want to continue with building a wardrobe that makes me happy?

Then I stumbled upon this great blogpost a few days ago and just warmed to this idea and thought why not try it?

I would call myself a pretty simple girl considering clothes. I'm most comfortable in jeans and a simple sweater/ shirt/cardigan and so on. I do occasionally enjoy wearing a dress, or a skirt but still, It's not my everyday choice.
For so many years I've wanted to get better at thrifting, and buying second hand, but there never seems to be anything for me..




 One of my favorite sweaters, that my mom wore when she was younger, about 20-25 years ago. It's  been around for long, and it shows. I really need to mend it so I can start wearing it again! 



Five rules to this years wardrobe-changing-challenge:

- Budget is 300 euro
- 8 new bought  pieces of clothing are allowed into the wardrobe, of which at least 4 has to be thrifted
- I do get to make clothes, but the material used for these needs to come from the clothing budget
- It's okay to receive clothes as gifts from others
- Intimates are okay to buy, as well as 2 new pair of tights because I only have one pair right now, and they have a hole in them so I figure that has to be okay!



   

Old jeans turned into a sitting pillow for a stool and lovely yarn waiting to be turned into something even lovelier! 


I'm looking forward to see how this project goes and how my wardrobe will change during 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment